Single in Berlin? 5 of the Best Places to get Sexy in the City
Looking for a new “Liebchen?” One can meet or not meet a new romance anywhere, but there are certain places that encourage amorous endeavors. Germans are notoriously shy – at night they need to drink before they will oh-so-Germanly approach you – so any setting that relaxes them is of course beneficial. Not to mention all the foreigners you can meet in Berlin in certain places. Here are some of the best places to start looking for a new “it’s complicated.”
1. Kaisers at Warschauerstr. Not only is it open ALL NIGHT every night, but everyone living in the area comes by on their way to and from bars and clubs, making it a place where all types of people mingle. You will never be too rushed to stop and chat with someone because it is about to close – just think of how many people you could meet if you decided to hang out by the snack aisle. They just come to you too. “Wow, I totally love that kind of cheese too!”
2. Friedrich-Ludwig-Jahn-Sportpark near U Eberswalderstr. To be fair I have never actually witnessed anyone meeting anyone else here, but the track and soccer fields are always packed with semi-fit Berliners, most of whom are probably single (or in the early stages of a relationship before they give up.) Theoretically, it is ideal. As it says on spray paint on a board near the track, “You can’t keep running away.” Well yes, they can, but you can always try to catch them!
3. Goerlitzer Park. In summer, groups of youngish Berliners flock to the park to sit on the grass sharing drinks and watching the drug dealers look for new customers. Plus you can enjoy some blacklight mini golf if you grow restless from all the sitting or if you get tired of being asked if you want to buy drugs by another sketchy guy.
4. KaterHolzig. Any number of clubs could have been chosen but people are particularly prone to making new friends here, likely a combination of the clubs design and atmosphere. True you will not be able to conceive a so-called infamous “Berghain baby” here, but you can always start a trend with a “Kater kid.”
5. Monarch. A bar with no name situated right at Kottbusser Tor, one can only access it by entering a door, which of course has no label on it, and climbing up the stairs to follow the sound of music. Inside it is quite smoky as soon as guests arrive, pretty much all of whom smoke, and features an eclectic design that someone lends to intermingling among groups.
6. Humboldt Universitaet zu Berlin Bibliothek. You might be thinking that a library is an odd choice to meet new people as people generally go there to immerse themselves in books and escape from “reality” but if you stop and look around you realize most people would be glad of a temporary distraction.
Previous articles by Ms Cindy Su for OTA-Berlin Constituency Blog – http://www.ota-berlin.de/blog/category/berlin/articles-by-cindy-su/
This blog is brought to you by …..OTA-Berlin Constituency Blog’ is part of OTA-Berlin ‘……the intelligent Apartment-Alternative to Hotels in Berlin’. The views of the article are those of the writer Ms Cindy Su and not necessarily those of OTA-Berlin.
Single in Berlin? 5 of the Best Places to get Sexy in the City – by the Indefatigable, incorrigible and indefensible OTA-Berlin Constituency Blog contributor Ms Cindy Su from OTA Berlin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Germany License. If you use this article or parts of it, please refer to http://www.ota-berlin.de.
Tags: Berliner Zeitung, Chalet - Berlin’s New Kreuzberg Nightclub, cindy su, findingberlin, Friedrich-Ludwig-Jahn-Sportpark, GEMA - Will New Laws in 2013 Ruin Berlin’s Legendary Party World?, goerlitzer park, Humboldt Universitaet zu Berlin Bibliothek., Kaisers at Warschauerstrasse, katerholzig, Looking for a new “Liebchen?”, Single in Berlin?, what to do in Berlin August 2012